Wednesday 26 November 2008

IN TRENDI

I have caught the flue and might give people the impression that I'm related to Rudolph and I still have a bunch of work to do so I'm mostly running around all incognito in my black uniform (no sneakers though, we have snow here so it's all winter boots now!)

So, I'll continue to rely on others to supply me with nicer pics than the ones I'd be capable of taking right now...


Our burlesque group is part of a story about burlesque in Finland in this month's Trendi magazine, togheter with Sally Vanilla, Minna Parika and Kirsi Nisonen.
(Photo by Kaapo Kamu)

I was actually sick at the photo shoot but it went quite well anyway, except for that the hairstylist didn't show up when we were to be shot! I did panic for a while since I hadn't touched my hair after the shower, it was a mess, and I only had a few of my mandatory bobby pins in my purse. Luckily I can manage pretty good by myself and with some borrowed hairspray there was no damage done :)

My black and gold corset in the photo is made by Tyra Therman btw.

(and funny enough, the hairstylist did fix some very nice glamour hair to some of the others who were photographed later but their picture is shot in such a way that the hair doens't even show...)

21 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

Oh my God!

Fantastic photo! You are a real hair sculptor, Ulrika! Cancan girls, pin-up girls and burlesque... Lovely, pretty, etc...

xoxo: Janet

Anonymous said...

wow what an amazing photo, and a layout like this makes it even prettier! good work girls!

What we four say said...

Beautiful! Great to see you all dolled up in the costumes. If you are interested, my friend from Seattle has a Burlesque troop that has been traveling internationally. Check them out, they are amazing as well.

Us public broadcasting did a show about them here (its great but you will need some time to watch it)

http://www.kbtc.org/media.php?id=71

and more info here

http://www.myspace.com/theatomicbombshells


Maybe you guys can do some collaboration or show together someday! Hey, you never know!

xoxo

What we four say said...

Beautiful! Great to see you all dolled up in the costumes. If you are interested, my friend from Seattle has a Burlesque troop that has been traveling internationally. Check them out, they are amazing as well.

Us public broadcasting did a show about them here (its great but you will need some time to watch it)

http://www.kbtc.org/media.php?id=71

and more info here

http://www.myspace.com/theatomicbombshells


Maybe you guys can do some collaboration or show together someday! Hey, you never know!

xoxo

andrea said...

Lovely, lovely!! That photo is so great.

Lady Melbourne said...

My gosh, that is one of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen. I'll check out the link to Trendi Mag now!
LM
x

Anonymous said...

You hair looks great! How on earth did you manage that with just a few bobby pins? You amaze me!

WendyB said...

Beautiful photo!

Joy said...

Sun hiukset on ihan täydelliset tässä! Ja oih mikä kuva!

Dressed and Pressed said...

Ooh, lovely burlesque girls. I love dress up!

Parapluie said...

Amazing! Get better soon! (I've caught the flu, too and it's very annoying :(

Riikka Aaltonen said...

Wow, I seriosly need to get that issue of Trendi!
And you make me want to learn how to do my hair. :)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Nice! Dramatic photo...make me want some feathers & body hugging corset now ;)

Andrea Eames said...

Gorgeous photo! And get well soon :)

Asia said...

Awesome. Go Go burlesque girls:pp

Miss_Red said...

Great photo, you all look fabulous! Hope you're on the mend soon :)

Candice DeVille said...

Excellent photo and amazingly work on the hair. I find mine is so hard to work with freshly washed, so I know this must have been quite a feat to achieve. Rug up and stay out of the snow!

Alice said...

Great photo and incredible hair! You look sexy!!

get well soon!!

Miriam Parkman said...

Another fantastic photo!

Anonymous said...

Greets from Tehran! I see your doing fine. ;)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Heeej :D Are YOU doing fine over there?
När kommer du hem? De blir väl ingen julskinka för dig iår därborta då höhöh.