Sunday 20 May 2012

FLOWERS, SEEDS AND GREEN LEAVES





All weekends the past month we've spent out at the farm. It's less than an hour from town so we've been there a lot after work on weekdays too.


Eddi has been working and I have, well, mostly been sleeping, but also attempted to do some house keeping and gardening. Some sort of gardening that is, as said, my nails are more red than my fingers are green.




I bought some plants for the porch.



And planted some more. This for example will turn into lavender. I planted some outside too.
The piece of glass from a broken window should work like a mini green house. I say should since it might just as well have fried the seeds...



So I bought a fully grown Lavender too, just in case.
Also; the one I planted will not bloom until next year anyway.



I've also made lots -and I mean lots- of cuttings from the pelargoniums. All the ones I had last year died.
I have great plans for these then once the house gets it's new floors and wallpapers and new paint on the windows. Whenever that'll be...



Then I had Eddi go all Strömsö (Finns know what I refer to...) and build me some boxes for planting. Or well, so far only one, although I have more seeds - the  lettuce and spinach are waiting for the next box still.



There is a bigger spot for growing vegetables a bit further away that the relatives in the other houses around here use too, where I aim to plant some stuff (...let's see...carrots perhaps. If I can drag my behind across the road and just do it.) but just beneath the stairs we grow some herbs and strawberrries. I haven't planted those originally; it was all mess so I cleaned it up a bit and planted some more chive and parsley. In my own way. The bag says to put the seeds with so and so much space in between but I'm all "naah wtf, nature doesn't measure" and sprinkle it all a little here and there and so far it has turned out pretty good. Ehrm.



Juice break on the stairs. (I love enamel and coated tin cups. This set is fair trade and from Moonk.)


And here's my huge shadow in the grass.



Turns out it was too sunny on the porch for some of the flowers so I had to move them inside instead.
Where they look pretty nice too. The sofa is new in the room but I'll get back to that some other time.



I've also been cutting and cleaning up the lilac bushes outside the house, to fit a table and some garden chairs in between them.  (Or, to reach the spot where said table and chairs will be without getting spiders in your hair and face from the branches hanging in the way. Uuuuh. ) I saved some of the branches with flower buds on them and took them inside.


Let's see if they will bloom or not.

Last but not least, here are some bonus pictures of baby lambs!




They'll be brought out today, to spend the whole summer outside in the green.

(And then come autumn it will be less nice for them. But that's another story. Want a happier ending for this post? Now I'm listening to The Skatalites and about to make some carrot bread and it's warm and sunny outside and no baby lambs will die today! )



15 comments:

Maja said...

the house looks lovely - I love the sofa. And oh the lambs!

Anonymous said...

:( that is SO sad about the lambs : ( humans really don't deserve animals

Kristina said...

Ooooh my godness, the pictures are heavenly, Your place is a Paradise!
Hope You have good luck with yhe plants!
I'm a scentoholic and this summer I'm planning to make my balcony a oasis of scents I hope I can find a miniature lilac...(heliotrop, chockladblommor,luktärter och kaprifol ljuuuvliga kaprifol) and of corse some mini roses....

Midwest-Lotte said...

Love the cat! :)
Super cute!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Kristina : I bought a Madagascar Jasmine (doftranka) from Plantagen and it smells so lovely! The scent is rather noticeable, especially in the evenings, so I recommend it. I have it in the window but it should work on the balcony too.

Kitten von Kat said...

Everything looks so nice!! I can't wait to get a place and a garden to plant things in myself (we're looking for a place to buy at the moment). Right now I only have a balcony...Thank you for the inspiring tour!

Marianne said...

Ihanaa kesän valmistelua. Itsellä vielä edessä, mutta tarkoitus olisi loihtia parvekkeelle kukkameri ja muutama yrttikin kasvattaa:)

The Glamorous Housewife said...

As I was reading your posts and gazing at the lovely snaps, I could just feel my shoulders start to relax, my body lightened up, and I smiled because your day just sounded so lovely. I have always wanted a farm, but alas, I live in the big city and there are no farms near here. So reading about yours is the closest I will get.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Anonymous said...

Great post, thanks for sharing! :)

your place looks wonderful, inside and out, especially the sofa. Could you possibly do a post about the interior one day? i´d love to see more of it!

it must be a lot of fun spending the spring planting flowers and herbs and enjoying beautiful weather! I can only imagine how nice it´s going to be in the summer with your baby at your country home.

All the best for you and your family! :)

Kristina said...

Jag älskar doftrankor, har en i mitt fönster men den har vägrat att blomma och nu läste jag att den ska stå kallt under vintern för att kunna bilda nya knoppar,alltid lär man sig något nytt! Nästa vår ska det vara fullt av vita ljuvliga blommor!

Scarlet Walk said...

Such a lovely post! Plants, juice breaks and baby lambs :)

Nika Chick said...

Oh these little lambs :) soo sweet!

Unknown said...

Gud så fint! Väldigt vackert och grönt. soffan var otroligt fin ^ ^

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Anonymous : yes, I have one planned :) Just need to take a couple of more photos first. I've been moving aroudn firniture and such to make it look better while waiting to be able to start renovating...

Gen said...

Awwww Kitty! Vad gulligt.