Tuesday 24 September 2013

THE OLD REMINGTON



My grandfather brought me an old typewriter her had found while cleaning their garage. It had been in his father's office back in the days.

This one had been long hidden and forgotten, but I remember typing on my parent's yellow typewriter when I was little. And how my mom wrote long Christmas letters on it. Knack knack knack pling.  Later my mom got an electric typewriter. A machine which seems totally redundant now. Oh man, the days before everyone had computers... Tipp Ex and stuff.

I need to clean this one up a little bit, and once we eventually get the study in the countryhouse cleaned up a lot and put into use it will be placed there to, well, you know, hang around and look good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, we have almost the same in our basement :) Wish I could connect it to my notebook, hihi

xoxo, Saperlotte

Kelly said...

Wowee, that's a beauty!