Thursday 29 May 2014

A GIRLIE 'DO AND A HUGE CLIP


 Sometimes it's like to spice up a basic girlie doe with something fun or kitsh -

Like with a giant hair clip for example!

I like exaggerated versions of basic things (in the right context), like this one here. I am still dreaming of that giant safety pin-handle bag (which apparently will remains a dream as it's some designer bag...)!

I found the hair clip at Ninja. As I thought it won't hold up the hair properly by itself and serves more as a decoration, or needs a few pins to help.

I did not back comb my hair for this do, but pinned the top layer of a hair donut (which I had cut off), like a little mat on top of my head, and pulled my hair back over it. Twiswted it in the back, secured with one bobby pin and the giant clip. Three minutes max!

6 comments:

Porcelina said...

SUPER DUPER!!! Love this, I'm looking for new hairdos so might try this. When you say you cut a hair doughnut in half, do you mean along its equator, so each half still has a hole in?? x

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Porcelina: no I cut it open so it's a "sausage". I do that to all of them to use in rolls etc. You can put the whole thing in but then it will be a very high bouffant, and you will have a harder time not having the dout/sausage/rat show trough. I kind of broke it down to pieces, "peeled" the top layer of (cut the sausage open along the middle and roll one layer off - it is rather thin actually but enough for this!). It would probably stay in place without pins too.
The left over thinner roll you can use for rolling faux bangs for example, then they won't become so bulky and big, which is sometimes nice :)

Unknown said...

cool and easy hairstyle..
fashion trendy lyf

Sarah Jane said...

I would love to know how you achieve your hair colour? Is it your natural colour? I am after something similar myself and haven't a clue how to do it (short of going to the hairdressers) x

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Sarah Jane: it's my own color! I haven't done anything in a very long time to it. For some home remedies you could try camomile and apple cider vinegar washes? Chamomille brings out golden tones and vinegar red in your hair... I did some last summer. Or try a herbal dye, they are quite mild and won't harm your hair?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Sarah Jane: it's my own color! I haven't done anything in a very long time to it. For some home remedies you could try camomile and apple cider vinegar washes? Chamomille brings out golden tones and vinegar red in your hair... I did some last summer. Or try a herbal dye, they are quite mild and won't harm your hair?