Friday 25 July 2014

INSTANT STRAWBERRY MARMALADE



Here's a very quick and easy sort-of-marmalade /jam/fruit mash that works with most berries (frozen or fresh; raspberries works especially well for example).

 Take some berries - I hade a some bstrawerries over from a bunch of fresh organic ones which I refrigerated and cooked jam on.

 
And some dates, the more the sweeter (of course). Here I am using fresh dates but I actually think that those drier stickier ones work best for this - if they are very dry they need to soak in some water first though. (If you are tired of dates in everything you can try it with other dry, very sweet fruit, like I did with the raw apricot-coconut cookies, using apricots for the marmalade.)

Mash them together with a mixer or a hand mixer.
And that's it!

Serve on pancakes, scones, your peanut butter sandwich or as cake filling (like here with the raw chocolate pastries filling) or anything else you want to jam up.

2 comments:

Julie Halleck said...

Oh my gawsh! I just LOVE your food!!!
xoxo from Barcelona :D

Porcelina said...

Gorgeous dress on you Ulrika, it's fabulous. I've just enjoyed half an hour catching up on blogs and have particularly enjoyed what you've been up to - the husband looking handsome in his sailor hat, your son in his cute necktie, and your lovely recipes. What an idyllic life you seem to lead! P x