Thursday 9 April 2015

FOUR THINGS RIGHT NOW

Or actually, turns out, two days ago, when I though that I had pressed Publish.*


Painted my nails five shades of red.


Took a little nap in my little in-house jungle. It's this spot here.

Read up on some pilates and anatomy.

Although right now I'm mainly waiting to get back to another kind of read.
We sometimes read crime novels together with Eddi and the new Kepler one is pretty addictive.

*)Sometimes I find drafts in my email spooking around too that I thought I had already shipped away to their receiver. To the extinct I thought there was something wrong with my account. But I guess it's just me failing at multitasking...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell us about your Pilates training courses, is it hard? when is your exam?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Anonymous: Hi! I am studying for the mat certification via Peak Pilates. It's classical Pilates. It requires a lot of self-studying and rehearsing (takin pilates classes) apart from the required logged hours of practice, observation and practicing teaching. I have free weekly classes at our burelsque studio to collect teaching hours. I have done the basic and intermediate training and am waiting to receive my Basic Mat-certificate. I will get the certificate for Intermediate in summer and will probably start holding some "real" introduction classes then. The last part of the training will begin at the end of summer which means I would get my full certificate at the end of the year, however, I might postpone the advanced training for next winter in order to have the time to advance properly myself (physically) and have the time to keep enough classes before proceeding. I heard the advanced-certification is not easy to pass :) Then I would get the full certification in a year.
It is very interesting and inspiring but of course also time consuming and hard in the sense that you really need to practice a lot. "in order to teach pilates you must also do pilates" (- no mater how advanced you are you can still always make progress and work towards perfection.)
At some point I might do the full comprehensive training for the apparatus (workout machines) as well, but now I don't have the time or money for it. Or the equipment studio either :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it's a lot of hard work. But I'm sure you can make it and get your certification with flying colors. I like the principle of practicing harder even if you are a teacher and you" know it all". I see this as some kind of humbleness.
So I take it that you're not coming back to the harbor and become a full time pilates teacher/performer?